These Franke Lectures have been organized in conjunction with the Yale College seminar “James Baldwin’s American Scene” taught by Jacqueline Goldsby.
- Windham-Campbell prize winner Hilton Als in conversation with Jacqueline Goldsby
- The Price of the Ticket (USA, 1989) 87 min., Director Karen Thorsen, Filmmaker and Co-Producer Douglas K. Dempsey
- Ed Pavlić, University of Georgia, “The Whole Body of the Sound: Listening to Jimmy Baldwin Listen”
- Rich Blint, Pratt Institute, “The Devil Finds Work: James Baldwin on American Cinema”
- Magda Zaborowska, University of Michigan, “Erasure, Overlay, Manipulation: James Baldwin’s Queer Dwellings”
- Prerelease Special Screening, I Am Not Your Negro, Director Raoul Peck, (USA, 2016) 95 min.
- Christopher Lebron, Yale University, “Why Does James Baldwin Love You?”